Mission and Goals
The Valencia College Office of Policy and General Counsel is committed to act with integrity, knowledge of the law, and reason, in support of the dynamic educational environment of the College by providing timely, updated and accurate legal advice to the College administrators, faculty and staff, in their roles on behalf of the College. The Office provides, manages, and coordinates all legal services for the College, whether through the Office or outside law firms, to ensure efficiency, containment of costs, and reliability of service.
State Legislative Information
2021 Legislative Session
For more information on the content and progress of a particular bill, the simplest way to access current bill information is to go to www.flsenate.gov and enter the bill number in the space provided on the top of the homepage, or go to www.myfloridahouse.gov and click on the top tab “Bills.” Senate bills are always even numbers (SB 22) and House bills are always odd numbers (HB 11). On the House site, note that you may choose either chamber or choose “both.” When you enter the bill number, the history of the bill will appear, along with bill text, amendments, analyses, and more. Please note, at the end of the Legislative Session, we will distribute a Session Report which will provide you with accurate information on what passed, what didn't, and how Valencia College may be affected.
For more information regarding legislative matters please contact: Courtney James firstname.lastname@example.org; Jay Galbraith email@example.com; or Bill Mullowney firstname.lastname@example.org
Valencia Session Reports
Past Issues of the Valencia Session Report may be found under Session Report Archives.
The Session Report provides brief summaries of budget matters and substantive legislation affecting Florida Colleges. Please note that at present, all appropriations and many bills are subject to the Governor's veto. All bill numbers are hyperlinked to their respective bill pages on the state's Online Sunshine site. There, you can find more information including all versions of bill text, histories, and staff analyses.
At the end of the Report, you will find information about the members of Valencia's state legislative delegation - that is, those legislators who represent Florida House or Senate districts located within Orange or Osceola counties. Here you will find their names, pictures (pictures are hyperlinked to their Online Sunshine Member pages), committee assignments and contact information.
Finally, interspersed throughout the report are images of paintings depicting Florida's history and heritage, the originals of which are displayed in the House Chamber. Click on them and discover the stories behind the paintings!
We hope you find the Valencia College Session Report to be informative and helpful.
Policies & Procedures
2022 Notices of Rule Development
- 6H28: 2-04 AIDS (published 03/02/2022)
- 6Hx28: 5-05 College Vehicles (published 03/02/2022)
- 6Hx28: 5-11 Property Control (published 02/27/2022)
- 6Hx28: 8-03 Student Code of Conduct (published 02/27/2022)
- 6Hx28: 9-06 Grant Funding (published 01/09/2022)
- 6Hx28: 9-07 Naming Opportunities (published 04/25/2022)
- 6Hx28: TBD Flexible Work Arrangements (published 02/23/2022)
2022 Notices of Rule Adoption
- 6Hx28: 2-04 AIDS and HIV (published 04/22/2022)
- 6Hx28: 3C-01.1 Total Rewards: Flexible Work Arrangements for Non-Instructional Employees (published 05/11/2022)
- 6Hx28: 5-05 Vehicle Use for College Business (published 04/22/2022)
- 6Hx28: 5-11 College Property and Control (published 04/22/2022)
- 6Hx28: 9-06 Grant Funding (published 04/22/2022)
2022 Notices of Rule Repeal
- 6Hx28: 8-04 Student Possession or Consumption of Alcoholic Beverages (published 04/22/2022)
2022 Adopted Policies
2021 Notices of Rule Development
- 6Hx28: 4-09 Instructional Materials (published 08/20/2021)
- 6Hx28: 8-11 Academic Dishonesty (published 10/23/2021)
- 6Hx28: TBD Trademark Policy (published 09/19/2021)
2021 Notices of Rule Adoption
- 6Hx28: 4-09 Instructional Materials (published 10/30/2021)
2021 Notices of Rule Repeal
2021 Adopted Policies
- 6Hx28: 1-06 The President of the College (06/23/2021 Board meeting)
- 6Hx28: 2-08 Accommodations of Religious Observances by Students (02/24/2021 Board meeting)
- 6Hx28: 3C-01.5 Work Assignments and Compensation During Emergencies, Disasters, and Other Extraordinary and Adverse Work Conditions (12/02/2021 Board meeting)
- 6Hx28: 3D-06.2 Fitness for Duty (02/24/2021 Board meeting)
- 6Hx28: 3D-10 Military Leave (02/24/2021 Board meeting)
- 6Hx28: 3E-05.2 Ethical Conduct and Performance (02/24/2021 Board meeting)
- 6Hx28: 3E-09 Employee Dispute Resolution (02/24/2021 Board meeting)
- 6Hx28: 8-03 Student Code of Conduct (12/02/2021 Board meeting)
- 6Hx28: 10-08 Drug-Free Campuses and Workplace (12/02/2021 Board meeting)
- 6Hx28: 3A-07 Temporary Duty (02/24/2021 Board meeting)
- 6Hx28: 3B-01 Human Resources Actions (07/28/2021 Board meeting)
- 6Hx28: 3C-01.3 Councils and Committees (05/26/2021 Board meeting)
- 6Hx28 3E-05.4 Acceptance of Gifts Resulting from Purchase of Adoption of Books, Equipment, or Materials by the College (02/24/2021 Board meeting)
- 6Hx28 3E-07 Personal Financial Obligations (02/24/2021 Board meeting)
- 6Hx28: 6-03.2 Signatures on Checks and Human Resources (07/28/2021 Board meeting)
- 6Hx28: 10-08.2 Drug-Free Workplace (12/02/2021 Board meeting)
To search for multiple terms, please separate words with a comma (example: college, studies)