Seneff Honors College
Spring 2024 Admissions Information:
Thank you for your interest in honors at Valencia College! We are accepting applications for Spring 2024 admission to the Seneff Honors College until midnight on Friday, November 17, 2023.
If you're interested in learning more about honors and how to apply, we offer Honors Information Sessions on Zoom select days throughout the academic year. You can register for an upcoming information session through our calendar of events.
About the Seneff Honors College
The Seneff Honors College helps students develop knowledge, mindsets, and skills needed to thrive in the 21st century through in-class and co-curricular opportunities. Broader, deeper, and more complex than the College’s standard curriculum, honors experiences engage students in addressing societal needs and challenges, often through practices such as service learning, undergraduate research, and study abroad.
Is Honors for You?
The Seneff Honors College seeks academically motivated learners representing a variety of backgrounds and identities, and those whose talents and demonstrated excellence may not have been previously recognized by traditional measures of academic aptitude.
Honors students are invested in their personal growth and development, are committed to making a difference in their local community, and are looking to get more out of their college experience. Successful honors students have these characteristics in common:
- Possess a passion for life-long learning
- Seek opportunities to engage in critical and analytical thinking
- Enjoy collaborating and communicating with others from different social, political, and cultural backgrounds
- Embrace ambiguity and complex challenges as sources of growth
Benefits of Honors
Students enrolled in the Seneff Honors College have access to:
- Honors-specific, smaller classes
- Dedicated Honors advisors
- Engagement opportunities in Service Learning, Study Abroad, and Undergraduate Research initiatives
- Recognition at graduation
- Honors-only scholarship opportunities
- Professional development opportunities, including conference travel
- Transfer opportunities to university honors programs, including the Burnett Honors College at UCF
Transfer After Valencia College
Seneff Honors College graduates regularly transfer to a variety of in-state institutions, including the University of Florida, Florida State University, the University of Central Florida, the University of Miami, Rollins College, Florida International University, and the University of South Florida. Our graduates have also transferred to some of the most prestigious colleges in the nation, including Amherst, Columbia, Cornell, Smith, University of California-Berkeley, and the Yale Eli Whitney Students Program. In addition, our graduates have access to a variety of honors-to-honors transfer opportunities that allow them to continue in honors during their Bachelor's degree, including the Burnett Honors College at the University of Central Florida.