The Office of Institutional Research creates standardized reports that are published on a regular basis. These reports are readily available and provide data that is frequently requested by internal and external sources. Should you need data that is not available on the IR website, please complete and submit an IR Work Request form.
CCSSE (Community College Survey of Student Engagement)
The Office of Institutional Research partners with the Valencia's Assessment Office to provide external student surveys. One survey, the CCSSE, is completed by students on a regular schedule. To learn more about CCSSE, please click here.
For more information on external surveys provided by the Office of Assessment and Institutional Effectiveness, please review their website.
IPEDS Reporting (Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System)
IPEDS is the Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System. It is a system of interrelated surveys conducted annually by the U.S. Department’s National Center for Education Statistics (NCES). IPEDS gathers information from every college, university, and technical and vocational institution that participates in the federal student financial aid programs. The Higher Education Act of 1965, as amended, requires that institutions that participate in federal student aid programs report data on enrollments, program completions, graduation rates, faculty and staff, finances, institutional prices, and student financial aid. These data are made available to students and parents through the College Navigator college search Web site and to researchers and others through the IPEDS Data Center.
Institutional Student General Information
IPEDS Institutional Characteristics Survey collects data about institution's mission, admissions, student services, and student charges.
- IPEDS 12-Month Enrollment Survey collects unduplicated student enrollment counts and instructional activity data for an entire 12-month period. Using the instructional activity data reported, a full-time equivalent (FTE) student enrollment at the undergraduate and graduate level is estimated.
- IPEDS Fall Enrollment Survey collects student enrollment counts by level of student, enrollment status, gender, and race/ethnicity. In addition, first-time student retention rates and the student-to-faculty ratio are collected. Every other year data on residence of first-time undergraduates is required and in opposite years, enrollment by student age is required to be reported.
- IPEDS Retention Rates The Fall Enrollment Overview collects student enrollment counts by level of student, enrollment status, gender, and race/ethnicity. Retention Rates for full-time, first-time Bachelor's students are included in this cohort. Florida 4-year colleges do not have a full-time Bachelor-seeking cohort. The Florida College System is a 2+2 system.
- IPEDS Transfer Rates are included in the IPEDS Graduation Rates Overview (Section III).
IPEDS Student Financial Aid Survey collects information about financial aid provided to various groups of undergraduate students at Valencia College.
- IPEDS Graduation Rates Survey collects data on the cohort of first-time, full-time, degree/certificate-seeking undergraduates and tracks them for 150% of the normal time of their program to see how many complete.
- IPEDS Completions Survey collects the number of degrees and certificates awarded by field of study, level of award, race/ethnicity, and gender.
- IPEDS Human Resources Survey collects important information about Valencia's staff.
- IPEDS Finance Survey collects basic financial information from items associated with the institution's General Purpose Financial Statements.
- Academic Libraries Survey collects data on Library expenses, collections, services, and staff.